Toaster strudels are a popular breakfast treat known for their flaky crust and delicious filling. While most people prefer toasting them for a crispy texture, sometimes you don’t have access to a toaster or you’re in a hurry. In these cases, microwaving toaster strudels can be a convenient alternative. However, knowing the right techniques is important to prevent the pastries from becoming soggy.
In this article, I’ll show you the best way to microwave toaster strudels for a quick and easy snack. Whether you’re in a rush or just want a change of pace, you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite breakfast pastry in no time.
How Long to Microwave Toaster Strudels?
The time required to microwave toaster strudels will depend on the wattage of your microwave and how many strudels you are heating at once. As a reference, the general guidance to heat one strudel is around 20 seconds on a high setting, but it’s always recommended to check it, as some microwaves might heat faster or slower.
Microwaving Toaster Strudels
Toaster strudels can be microwaved, but it is important to be aware that the texture and taste of the pastry may be affected. Microwaving tends to make baked goods softer and less crispy, so the flaky crust of a toaster strudel may not be as desirable after being microwaved.
Nevertheless, it’s a valid option for preparing toaster strudels, and here’s how to do it:
- Remove the toaster strudels from their packaging and place them on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave for 20 seconds (per strudel) on a high setting, or until they are heated enough.
- Flip the strudels and heat for another 10 seconds.
- Carefully remove strudels from the microwave, as they will be hot. Let them cool for a moment before eating.
Microwaving times can vary depending on the power of your microwave and the number of toaster strudels you are heating up at once, so you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
This method is ideal for those who are looking for a quick and easy way to heat their toaster strudels, but those looking for a more traditional texture and appearance should stick to toasting.
Alternative Ways For Preparing Toaster Strudels
Toaster strudels are typically prepared by heating them in a toaster, but there are a few other ways you can prepare them as well. Here are a few alternative methods:
Oven: You can place Toaster strudels on a baking sheet and heat them in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 5-8 minutes or until they are heated through.
Stovetop: Place a skillet over medium heat, and place the Toaster Strudel in it, cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Air fryer: Place the Toaster Strudel in the air fryer and cook at 350°F for about 5-8 minutes or until they are heated through.
It is important to note that these alternative methods may not result in the same texture and taste as toasting them in a toaster, and cooking times may vary based on the appliance.
Toaster Strudels Topping Suggestions
While they are delicious straight out of the toaster, or a microwave in this case, adding a few toppings can take them to the next level. With that in mind, we’ll go on to explore several delicious and unique topping suggestions for your toaster strudels. From sweet and fruity options to savory and indulgent choices, there’s something for everyone.
Whether you’re looking to add a little excitement to your morning routine or simply want to switch things up, these topping suggestions are sure to inspire you.
- Cream Cheese and Berry: Spread a layer of cream cheese on the strudel and top it with your favorite berries, such as strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries.
- Nutella and Banana: Spread a layer of Nutella on the strudel and top it with slices of banana.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly: Spread a layer of peanut butter on the strudel and top it with your favorite jelly.
- Chocolate Chip and Marshmallow: Spread a layer of chocolate chips on the strudel and top it with mini marshmallows.
- Cinnamon and Sugar: Brush the strudel with butter and sprinkle it with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar before heating.
- Maple Syrup and Bacon: Top the strudel with maple syrup and add crispy bacon
These are just a few ideas, the possibilities are endless and you could get creative with your toppings, feel free to mix and match different ingredients to your liking.
Enjoy Your Favorite Pastry!
While microwaving toaster strudels is not the ideal method as it can affect the texture and taste of the pastry, it’s a quick and easy alternative when a toaster is not available.
By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you can enjoy your toaster strudels in no time. Spice everything up with some toppings and you’re set for a tasty treat.